CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Baby, New Home, Kyle Turns 20

So the title pretty well sums things up that are going on with us lately except, of course, not in that order. And just to warn you this blog is going to be a long one so you can skip through it if you want.

I will start on March 1 and go from there. So we went to the doctor and I had progressed from 1.5 centimeters to 3 centimeters, and had ephased a little further in a week. Our doctor told us that whatever we were doing to keep doing and we'd have a baby soon. He told us he'd schedule an appointment the next week and if I hadn't had her by that time, he'd schedule a day to induce me. I was excited but Kyle had informed our daughter that she wasn't allowed to be born until after his birthday a few weeks before, so I knew I'd have to hold off on any of the old wive's tale tricks to put myself in to labor until after his birthday.

On March 2, Kyle turned 20 and for his birthday we drove to Bear Lake to sign the final papers on our new apartment in Garden City. We hadn't planned on moving that soon, and actually wanted to stay in Logan (Garden City was kind of a last resort) but because we couldn't find anything cheaper in Logan and I had finished working, and also because we had a neighbor in our building that was smoking more than cigarettes across the hall from us and the smell was coming into our apartment, and cops were banging on his door on a almost nightly basis, I refused to bring a new baby back there. After that we went back to Logan and Kyle agreed that I could start trying to have a baby because I'm sure he was as tired of me being onery and pregnant too. First we went and got the oil changed on the stratus and then walked to the mall from Jiffy Lube and walked around the mall for a while. Kyle was able to buy his own birthday present since I didn't know what to get him and I figured that letting him pick for himself was better than me picking something he didn't want. We went and got some sushi for Kyle and really spicey chinese soup for me. Then we went back to the apartment and while he played his new Xbox game, I ate jalepenio poppers, and raspberry ice tea while I cleaned our bedroom. We looked online at some other options on how to induce labor and we tried almost all of them. We even found a chart on pressure points on the feet that could do the trick. At about 11:30 we decided to go to bed. I was frustrated and decided that I just had to wait longer to have the baby.

March 3, 4:15 I woke up to go to the bathroom and felt a tight pain in my back. I crawled back in to bed and another pain came. They were coming every 3 minutes and I felt my stomach and felt it tightening every time. Woohoo, I knew what was going on. I shook Kyle and told him I was having contractions every three minutes. His response was not what I expected. Half asleep, he said "Ok well tell me if we need to go to the hospital." "Probably now." I said. "Let me know when you're ready to leave." and with that he rolled on his side and started to snore again. I hit him and told him to grab what clothes he needed (I had already packed the basics for me and the baby the day before). He wandered around the apartment in sleepy daze. On the way to hospital we called our parents because we wanted both of our moms there with us when she was born.

We got to the hospital at about 5:30 and I was dialated to a 5. After the nurse told us that, Kyle (still half asleep) asked her if that meant we were staying or if we could go and come back later. She told him that we definantly had to stay and that I wasn't going any where. I progressed fairly well from that point on until they broke my water (which was between 10:30 and 11). I was dilated to an 8 and was stuck there. They started me on patosin at about 1 after I wasn't making any progress. I asked Ralph to give me a blessing. After this he and John (Kyle's dad) sat in there talking for a little bit. I started to feel harder contractions and had that intense pressure that told me baby was coming. I pulled Kyle over and told him to get Ralph and his dad out of there because we were having a baby and I didn't want them in the room. Almost right after he told them, the nurse told me to give a few practice pushes. She started to count and then at about 7 she said stop stop stop, your baby has hair. I sat there until the doctor came in for a few minutes. Thank heaven for an epidural because I was completely uncomfortable and knew that if I didn't have the pain killers that I would have been cussing. The doctor came in and the nurse told him that Kyle wanted to help deliver. Without asking any questions, he said "Hurry and get a gown on him." The nurse helped Kyle get his gown on and then after waiting what felt like forever for him to get the gloves on, it was time for her to come. Kyle was able to completely deliver her. The doctor just sat by him and told him what to do. I was leary of this when Kyle first suggested that he wanted to do it, but I'm glad I let him do it. Isabella Marie was born March 3, 2010 at 1:36 pm. She was 6 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long.



We stayed in the hospital a few days and then went and stayed with Mom for a few nights. We left the hospital on Friday and on Saturday Kyle's family and Mom and Ralph helped us get our stuff moved out of the apartment in Logan and over to Bear Lake. We are now here, and actually quite enjoying it. Kyle has a job and will hopefully start working next week in Garden City. He is still driving to school which is the only down part, but we are happy and loving having this little girl. She is a sweet heart and hardly cries (which everyone I've talked to says that will switch in about 6 months) but I'm happy for it right now. She is a mini Kyle for the most part and I can already see a strong bond between her and her dad. As soon as he gets home from school, she is all his.

So that is a week of our life in a novel. Thanks for actually reading it.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Oh shanna she is precious! I bet you are so glad to not be pregnant anymore. Enjoy the snuggle time it goes by so fast and then all the want is to pull your hair and smash your face ha ha.

Bobbi and Tyrel said...

She's a cutie! Glad we got to meet her!

Erica & Benjamin said...

She sure is cute :) Where is Kyle working now?

Kyle & Shanna said...

Kyle is working for the city.

Kyle & Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnDe said...

Aw! She is a cutie! And I don't think I'd ever let Zack deliver, he'd probably pass out :-)
Good luck with everything!

Gramma Spot10 said...

She IS a cutie. Thanks for letting me be there. I can never get enough of these little ones coming into the world. Guess that's why I had so many. :)

Karine said...

was wondering if you would add my blog to your random blog lists.
http://openadoptionmatters.blogspot.com/
Also, if you would love to share your story on my blog, I would love to share it :) Let me know
email me at crazy7bunch@cableone.net