CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nakota

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd do a little post on Nakota's fun today. I've been feeling bad about leaving him in his kennel for the past couple of days while I'm at work (also because of this and because of his "babysitter" coming to get him, I'm afraid he's starting to like Kyle more than me) so I decided to take him around with me all day.

First we went to visit Kyle at work where he played in tall grass chasing bugs.

Then we went to visit Mom at work where he just slept and got to lick the left over gravy from Annette's dish. He was so happy about that, and kept trying to "convince" Mom to get him food.

Finally we went to Kyle's house where he was able to go for a canoe ride. Carp must me spawning right now because there were a ton in this shallow swampy area so Kyle and Leo (his little brother) got out of the canoe and were catching them with their hands. Out of curiosity, Kyle put one in the canoe with us to see how Nakota would react. Nakota sniffed it, and patted it with his paw, but when it jumped he made a run to sit as far away from it as possible.



Surprisingly he wasn't completely frightened. When Kyle put the fish back in the water and it started to splash around, curiosity got Nakota. He looked over the edge of the canoe and was whimpering and attempting to jump out. Instead of letting him take a nose dive into chilly water, I got out and set him down by me on the sand and started to walk to deeper water. He whinned a little but then started to swim around and chase the fish with Leo and Kyle.


When Kyle walked out he followed him, and the poor thing was so cold because of the wind and his being wet. He ran to Kyle and was crying trying to get someone to cuddle him. Of course, Kyle had to baby him.

Afterwards, we got home and he slept by me for a good hour and a half or so. Now the poor thing has to face a bath to get all the sand and dirt out of his fur.




0 comments: